Sunday, April 14, 2013

Courageous Heart!!!

Hello EveryBody!
What does a courageous heart mean to you?  Did you know the word courage comes from the Latin root word for heart?  I like that...heart heart !!   A courageous heart means many things to me and one meaning dear to my heart (HA HA) is the ability to be guided by my heart and boldly break through fear.  It is not easy for me..I have to work at it and take time to really release.  One of the ways I release is through dance, through movement of my body: freely, wildly, softly, uninhibited.  Moving freely is a wonderful way for me to connect to my heart and to my spiritual self.  It brings me present to my body, connects me to the NOW, opens pathways of possibilities and creativity, and invites change into my life.  And change my friends, no matter how big or small, requires a courageous heart!!
Practicing Nia takes courage.  Why?  Because every time we step into a Nia class, workshop, intensive or our own personal Nia practice we are invited to become intimate with our body, mind and spirit.  We are invited to move, explore and create.  We are invited to become empowered and take wellness and healing into our own hands.  We are invited to say YES and NO.  We are invited to listen to our heart and discover our purpose, to become Sacred Athletes.  We are invited to CHANGE.  So yes you are courageous and isn't it wonderful!! 
I'm getting ready to go to Ventura, California in 2 weeks with Adelle where we will be delivering the Nia White Belt Intensive. In the Nia White Belt we explore 13 principles that guide you to place attention on YOU, your body and on your physical sensation.  As I prepare for this unique and transformational week, I will be playing and dancing with the 13 principles of the Nia White belt.  I hope it will enCOURAGE you to explore the possibility of taking the Nia white belt.  Will it change you?  Does it take a courageous heart?  You better believe it!!!  
Change can be beautiful...I know because I've seen the changes in you and you are beautiful!
See you on the dance floor.
My Nia classes this week are
:  Monday and Thursday at 5:30 pm, Saturday at 9:30 am, and 4:00 pm (team teaching with Adelle and Charlotte Jorgensen) all at The Synergy Studio. 

On Sunday, April 21st, you are invited to "The Magic 13 Playshop - A taste of the Nia White Belt Intensive".  Join Adelle, Charlotte Joregensen and me at 2:30 as we dance and taste the 13 principles of the Nia White belt, and discuss upcoming 2013 intensives, and answer ANY questions you may have.  Following this playshop, is the 4:00 pm Nia class.  It will be free if you attend this tasteful playshop!!! 
Considering taking the Nia White belt intensive?  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   Check out my trainings at: www.nianow.com/joanie and click on "My Trainings".

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coachhttp://www.joaniebrooks.me/


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment