Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dancing Our Belly!



Usually this time of year there is a lot of focus in magazines and online newsletters on our abdominal muscles, our belly, and how to get a firm and sexy belly.  Most of what I read and see asks me to do some sort of "crunching".  I do not like crunches!!!  Let me dance my belly any day!  In Nia, we move and dance our whole body (called systemic movement), and by doing this we auto-Magically condition our abdominal muscles.  We expand and contract, fold and unfold our body, inhale and exhale, and use our sound...all bringing to life our abdominal muscles.   We also dance our pelvis, chest and head to condition our whole abdominal area, the front, sides and back of our body, from the top of our waist all the way down to the bottom of our pelvis.  Do this with me:  Stand in a soft A-Stance, place your hands on your belly or your waist and circle your pelvis.  Do you feel the engagement of all the muscles?  Now place your hands on the top of your head and do hip bumps.  WHOA!  Did you feel your core muscles stimulated?  Last thing.  Place your hands back on your belly and smell the moment, and sense your belly swelling, expanding.  Now exhale with a powerful sound of NO!!!  WOW - That feels invigorating!!

When you belly dance you also help to increase lower back strength and flexibility, and tone the  muscles around the lumbar spine.  This in return not only conditions, but also helps improve posture and digestion.  I could go on and on how you can dance and condition your belly...I rather just have you come dance with me this week!!!

Considering taking the Nia White belt intensive?  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   Check out my trainings at: www.nianow.com/joanie and click on "My Trainings".
-
Go to my link & get 40% off of Nia clothing, music & much more!!  Look for the 40% off purple button:  http://nianow.com/joanie
Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coachhttp://www.joaniebrooks.me/

JOanie
 Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment