Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sensation of Health!

Hello my Dancing Friends!

Nia defines Health as "...a sensation of making right choices and decisions for your body and life. It comes from knowledge, practice, and the right kind of daily movement."  I love this definition and over the past 20 years of practicing and teaching Nia, I have discovered the power of movement and choices to heal my body, and also my emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. Health or being healthy is not something I achieve, it is a constant activity, where my movements and choices are powered by the question:  "Does this make me feel better?".  If the answer is Yes, I know I have made the right choice for this moment.  The movements and the choices can change; the motivation and outcome of living in pleasure is always the same.  This is my medicine. 
In each Nia class, and in daily life, we are invited to find the healing aspect of what we are doing by paying attention to our body sensations, our thoughts, and our actions.  This is Awareness and the path of the Sacred Athlete!  As we dance this week in class, I invite all of us to find the healing in all our movement.  What is the sensation of health when I do a cross front, cha cha cha, when I FreeDance, in my closed stance, in my breathing, when laughing?  Whether it is a smile, a laugh or a reach to the sky, we all have the ability to self heal and sense health.  Choices and decisions right for me - personal and unique!

My classes this week:
Thursday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am
Sunday at 4:00 pm.
And on Monday, Labor Day please note:  I will be teaching the 8:00 am Nia class and there will be NO 5:30 pm Nia. 

What to do deeper?  Take the Nia White belt intensive in October!
  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   The October training is a split weekend.  T
he training starts at 3:00 pm on Friday, October 17 and will go through Saturday and Sunday.  The 2nd weekend is Thursday, October 23 - Sunday, October 26.  It is a great opportunity to take the Nia White Belt and only take a couple of days off from work.

Check out other dates at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.
Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.com
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt

Journey Dance Facilitator Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator
Mindful Change Coach
Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment