Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sensing Stability In Our Dance of Life!!

"I am the voice of Stability.  In me you will find constancy, integrity, peace. I am strength combined with quiet resting. I am able to hold myself in place while not ever losing my balance or leaving my center. In me, you know where you stand. I am solid even when instability is around me. I am grounded, contained, intrinsic. Access me to know calm..."  Debbie Rosas, co-founder of Nia.



​Hello Dancing Friends!
We all want it, don't we?  Stability.  Mental stability,  emotional stability, financial stability, stability in our relationships...What does stability really mean?  ​
​ From Webster we learn stability means the quality or state of something that is not easily changed or likely to change.  Hmmm... 

Nia invites us to sense and be in relationship with stability in a different way, The Body's Way.  This sensation is a foundation on where there is motion and change, and a support that allows for freedom.  In the body, stability is sensed as calmness in our muscles, combined with readiness for action. Stability is sensed as harmony between our muscles and joints.  Stability is present when we are resting and when we are moving, and energetically it is sensed as a force moving out from and in towards our center.  This sensation helps to vertically and horizontally align us with heaven and earth. Stability is dynamic, peaceful, supportive, grounded, rooted, and a heightened sense of awareness.   Stability is powerful peace!  I like The Body's Way definition, and I believe it can be applied in all areas.  In my relationships, emotions, thoughts and yes my financials, I love the image and sensation of powerful peace, calmness and feeling supported, and knowing it can be present even when there is instability around me.  AHHH!!  Let's play this week in class and in life with Stability!!
My classes this week:
Monday (today) at 5:30 pm
Thursday - 2 classes at 12:00 pm and 5:30 pm and
Saturday at 9:30 am

What to do deeper?  Take the Nia White belt intensive in October!  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   The October training is a split weekend.  The training starts at 3:00 pm on Friday, October 17 and will go through Saturday and Sunday.  The 2nd weekend is Thursday, October 23 - Sunday, October 26.  It is a great opportunity to take the Nia White Belt and only take a couple of days off from work.

Check out other dates at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.com
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator
Journey Dance Facilitator
Mindful Change Coach

​Yoga Teacher
Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment