Monday, March 31, 2014

Regeneration - Connecting to Our 5 Senses!!!

I am grateful for the gift of sight. My ability to to see life in all its glory!!

I am grateful for the gift of touch. My ability to receive life through my skin and embrace a cool morning. My ability to give my love and life to others through touch!!

I am grateful for the gift of taste. My ability to taste life and drink it its majesty!!

I am grateful for the gift of sound. My ability to hear sound and silence, the music of life!!

I am grateful for the gift of smell. My ability to breathe in life and smell the moment!!

Dear FRIENDS!!!
It's spring and I am regenerating my body, mind, spirit and emotions, by placing conscious attention on my senses - sight, taste, smell, touch, and hearing!  It   activates movement and flow of timeless and ageless energy. Senses deeply connect us to our experiences, and increase pleasure and vitality, while integrating our body, mind, spirit and emotions.  So in class and as you dance through life...

Sight:  Use your eyes to see, perceive and feel.  Connect to the visual magic around you.  Give your brain a workout by changing images around you; ones that relax you or stimulate you.  It is a choice!  See and be seen.  Say:  "Now I Am seeing life!"

Smell:  Smell the moment and use your body to breathe in life.  Smell deeply and passionately, and notice the smells around you.  Act as if you are smelling fresh baked bread or your favorite flower.  You body will NOT know the difference.  Say: "Now I Am smelling life!"

Touch:  Touching expands our relationship with our body, with others and the world.  Touch with tenderness, respect and love.  Give your touch and receive touch from others, touch from the space on your skin, the floor touching your feet.  Say:  "Now I AM touching life!"

Taste:  Taste is the sense that internally feeds us.  When we taste, we internally receive color, texture and life force energy. Taste with your feet, your hands, your skin, and your eyes.  Say:  "Now I AM tasting life!"

Hearing:  Hearing is the sense that connects you to all things around you, seen and unseen.  Perceive sound as a sensation you can feel in every cell.  Hear and really listen to another, to silence, to sound, to your breath.  Say:  "Now I Am hearing life!"

Can't wait to dance with you!!! 


My classes this week:
Monday and Thursday at 5:30 pm
and Saturday at 9:30 am

Interested in the Nia White Belt Intensive? 
Our next training in San Antonio is a split weekend that starts at 3:00 pm on Thursday, June 5 and goes through Sunday June 8. The next weekend is June 13, 14 and 15 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). This is a PERFECT opportunity to take the Nia White Belt w/out having to take a full week from work. 


7 days dedicated to you, your body and your life.  You go deep into each one of the 13 principles of the Nia White Belt where you create a loving relationship with yourself and your body.  In this intensive you learn tools for managing stress, enhancing your relationships,  and creating a work/life balance. I invite you to explore techniques using your body, voice, intent, mind, emotions and unique spirit to master getting into and living in your body.  Empower yourself, open up to your potential and step into your greatness! Check out all my trainings at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt



Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment