Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Dance of 2 - Polarity Into Manifestation!




"For anything to manifest, however, there must be polarity."
Eileen McKusick, researcher, writer, educator and sound practitioner






How do you visualize Polarity?  Polarity though it means two opposing qualities, really suggests a mirroring of qualities that are interconnected.  What would day be without the dark of night, fast without slow, up without down, hot without cold, Yin without Yang, big without small?  These opposing qualities allow me to be fully present in each of their unique sensations and gifts.  In Nia we play with Polarity every time we dance.  We move slow with the essence of Tai Chi, and then the next moment we are moving fast and explosive with the energy of Tae Kwon Do.  We dance our 206 bones with the sensations of light and heavy, we move big and small, in straight lines and in circles, we use our left and right sides of our brains through patterns and being spontaneous, and the music we dance with is a rich blend and contrast of silence and sound.  The dance of 2, Polarity invites all of us to manifest our dance to its full potential.
I remember when I first started teaching and practicing Nia, I was all big, all fast and all Yang energy!!  I thought I needed to use these qualities in order to get a good workout.  Soon I discovered the gifts of the 'other' and welcomed the change that manifested not only to my movement and body, but also my life.  My teaching improved and so did my relationships - HA!!! 

Lately I have been in the dance of 2 with doing and non-doing.  After 30 years in the corporate world of "doing" with schedules, deadlines and managing others alongside my Nia business and personal practice, I now have more time to spend in "non-doing", and have found peaceful manifestation.  Nia has given me these life skills...Nia has taught me many things.
Join me this week in the Dance of 2 - Polarity into Manifestation as we enJOY moment to moment, movement to movement the beauty that emerges from our dance.  In Sacred Geometry, 2 is the Dyad - the marriage of two circles giving birth to the line - a line that simultaneously divides and binds.  The Dyad has an overlapping space between the two circles known as the vesica piscis.  The principle of the Dyad is Polarity.  See you on the dance floor!!

My classes this week:
Thursday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am
Sunday at 4:00 pm all at The Synergy Studio

Interested in the Nia White Belt Intensive? 
We had an awesome Nia White belt here in San Antonio last week - 5 new Nia White belts walking this earth!
  Our next training in San Antonio is a split weekend that starts at 3:00 pm on Thursday, June 5 and goes through Sunday June 8. The next weekend is June 13, 14 and 15 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). This is a PERFECT opportunity to take the Nia White Belt w/out having to take a full week from work. 


7 days dedicated to you, your body and your life.  You go deep into each one of the 13 principles of the Nia White Belt where you create a loving relationship with yourself and your body.  In this intensive you learn tools for managing stress, enhancing your relationships,  and creating a work/life balance. I invite you to explore techniques using your body, voice, intent, mind, emotions and unique spirit to master getting into and living in your body.  Empower yourself, open up to your potential and step into your greatness! Check out all my trainings at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.


Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt



Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment