Sunday, January 5, 2014

Grateful for My Feet - Hands that Touch the Earth!

Hello Dancing Friends!

Ahh...Thank You feet for supporting me as I dance through life and go about my day.  Thank You feet for bringing balance to my entire body, for grounding me and allowing me to move gracefully, efficiently and powerfully on the earth.  Thank You feet for giving me the gifts of running, jumping, skipping, hopping and dancing.  Thank You feet for providing me confidence, for when I sense your support from behind and underneath, you give me strength to stand tall and show myself to the world!   Thank You feet for your unique design of
26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments,19 muscles and tendons, that provide me with a dynamic, mobile and stable foundation.  Thank You feet for your thousands of nerve endings, where I receive valuable information about my world. Thank You FEET!
And Thank You Nia for the beautiful barefoot workout that honors my feet, and provides unique steps, stances, kicks and feet techniques that nurture and heal my feet, while providing whole body conditioning.  Our focus in class this week...our beautiful feet.  Have you ever noticed when your feet are happy you are generally a happy person?  I know when my feet are cold, my whole body is cold.  When warm, I'm warm.  When tired, I'm tired.  Yes my feet create and tell my story.  One of the best things we can do for our feet is to listen to the messages they send and to respond in loving ways.  And a foot massage is a wonderful way to say Thank You!  Every night I massage my feet with lavender essential oil and I get the best night's sleep.  My feet are relaxed and happy, and so am I.
So join me in gratitude and dance of our feet this week in Nia.  Let's Step In...My classes this week:
Monday and Thursday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am
and Sunday at 4:00 pm all at The Synergy Studio. 

There is still time to sign up for the JourneyDanceTM of New Beginnings on Jan. 11th:  Dream~Vision~Manifest:  Join Jan Braun and me in a dance of New Beginnings where we will unleash the boldness of your DREAMS in 2014 through movement and VISION boarding, opening the path for MANIFESTATION.  This is going to be a great dance and vision setting, and we hope you can join us.  The cost is $35 and includes your vision board and supplies.  This event is Saturday, Jan. 11th, from 2-4:30 pm at Total Harmony Yoga Studio.  Register by contacting at brooks.joanie@gmail.com

Interested in the Nia White Belt Intensive?  It is 7 days dedicated to you, your body and your life.  You go deep into each one of the 13 principles of the Nia White Belt where you create a loving relationship with yourself and your body.  In this intensive you learn tools for managing stress, enhancing your relationships,  and creating a work/life balance. I invite you to explore techniques using your body, voice, intent, mind, emotions and unique spirit to master getting into and living in your body.  Empower yourself, open up to your potential and step into your greatness! Check out my trainings at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.  Next one is in February 21st at The Synergy Studio!
 

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer



Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment