Monday, January 20, 2014

Continuing the Dance of Our Core...Sensing Our Magical Spine!

Hello Dancing Friends!



"I am the voice of your Spine. My function is to bear weight, provide movement, create a home for your spinal cord, and provide passageways for your nerve endings and accompanying vessels. By design, I am your skeleton’s center that supports three body weights: your head, chest, and pelvis. I am an elegant string of fluid pearls, 26 separate parts that can change
shape...Because of my design, you can bend, extend, flex, turn, and rotate me. My four curves, cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral help keep you moving freely...I love to maintain length, to help you fall up into the heavens and root down into the earth. I love it when you breathe and lengthen, keeping my disc spaces fluidly open and my length long. Movement keeps me healthy."  Debbie Rosas


Isn't that beautiful!  Take a moment right now and let your spine move freely, as if it is a tree branch blowing in the wind.  Notice how your spine integrates its dance with your pelvis, chest and head. AHHH... 
Your spine, which is made up of 26 vertebrate that allows for multidimensional movement, loves to bend, vibrate, undulate, rotate, flex, stretch, to stabilize and most importantly, your spine loves joyful movement!!  When your spine is healthy, your torso is healthy, helping to keep your arms and legs flooded with energy.  No matter what type of movement I do, what shape I create, it will magically go back to its inherent shape and be even stronger!! As you dance through life, imagine your spine as a soft blue ribbon of light spiraling from the base of your spine through the crown of your head.  Join me in class as we dance our magical spine.  Have a wonderful week!!!

New Weekly Class - Somatic Awakening:  This class is amazing and I hope you join me this Wednesday!!  Moving and dancing on the Earth is one of the best ways to start your day.  I do it everyday!  Combining elements of  Nia FloorPlay, Nia 5 Stages, Nia FreeDance, JourneyDance, Yoga, Breath, Guided Imagery, Laughter and Play, Somatic Awakening will energize your day while conditioning your body, mind & spirit. Adelle and I will be sharing this weekly class and it is guaranteed to make you feel youthful and awaken your inner child.  This class is every Wednesday at 6:45 - 7:30 am at The Synergy Studio

My classes this week:
Monday, Thursday and Friday Nia at 5:30 pm
Wednesday Somatic Awakening at 6:45 am
Saturday Nia at 9:30 am
Sunday Nia at 4:00 pm
all at The Synergy Studio

Interested in the Nia White Belt Intensive? 
It is almost here...our next Nia White Belt in San Antonio!!!  There is still time to sign up.  February 21-27...7 days dedicated to you, your body and your life.  You go deep into each one of the 13 principles of the Nia White Belt where you create a loving relationship with yourself and your body.  In this intensive you learn tools for managing stress, enhancing your relationships,  and creating a work/life balance. I invite you to explore techniques using your body, voice, intent, mind, emotions and unique spirit to master getting into and living in your body.  Empower yourself, open up to your potential and step into your greatness! Check out all my trainings at: http://www.nianow.com/joanie#trainings.


Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer



Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia

No comments:

Post a Comment