Thursday, February 26, 2015

Feet and Hands and a little French!

Hello my Nia Friends,  
Bonjour mes Amis de Nia,
 


In my classes we will be dancing to the French Album by Celine Dion - Oh mon mon!  This is actually a Nia routine created by Debbie Rosas at least 10 years ago (maybe more) called Destiny.  Our focus is on Feet and Hands, and the wonderful relationship between the two. Have you ever thought about this relationship?  And how much our feet have in common with our hands?  They both have 10 digits, each have heels, and a hinge joint that keep them flexible and pliable (ankle and wrist).  Our feet have 26 bones, our hands have 27.  Our feet keep us connected below to the earth...our hands that touch the earth.  Our hands connect us to energy space around us...our feet that touch the space.  Our hands when connected to our feet in movement give ease in our steps and stances, and help us remain vertical.  When we integrate the feet and hands in all our movement awareness, we integrate the upper and lower body.  Mon mot ceci est fantastique!  I hope you can join me...La joie du mouvement est la graine! 

My word this week is Trust or Confiance in French. Trust in myself, in my dance of life; and with my hands and feet, I trust my feet to take me throughout my day.  I trust my hands can perform and create.  And the trust goes unspoken and most of the time unaware.​  So I say THANK YOU to my hands and feet!!!


My classes:

Thursday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am
and
​Monday (March 2) at 5:30 pm
all at The Synergy Studio.

​Coming Sunday March 8, another Melt Hand & Foot Introduction Workshop from 2-3:30 pm The MELT Hand & Foot method uses a series of small balls to draw fluids into the tissues that surround every muscle, bone, joint, and organ in the body. The first time you MELT, you will feel a difference in reduced pain and tension held in your hands, feet, neck, and low back brought on by everyday stress, overuse and aging.  MELT-ing will bring continued relief from aliments like arthritis, bunions, plantar fasciitis, joint problems, sleep issues and carpal tunnel syndrome.  Even if you do not have these issues, MELT will optimize your life and help you to perform all the things you love to do!! The really cool thing about MELT is it is a simple self-treatment method you can do in only 10 minutes a day!!

The cost is $25 when you pre-register HERE, (click on workshops and scroll down) or $30 at the door.

I will have the Hand and Foot kits for sale at the workshops or email me if you would like to purchase a kit before the workshop.   If you have a kit, please bring to the workshop.​


Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.com
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt

MELT Certified Hand & Foot Instructor
Yoga Teacher (certified in the YogaFit Warrior Program)
Journey Dance Facilitator
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator
Mindful Change Coach
Laughter Yoga Leader


No comments:

Post a Comment