Monday, May 19, 2014

Sacred Geometry - Creating Shapes in Space!



"It is our tunnel vision and singular sense of identity that often limits our sense of our own possibilities - and yet it is the genius of humans to imagine being something we are not and thus to extend what we indeed are"  Jean Houston, The Possible Human


Hello Dancing Friends!
Whether I am aware or not, every shape I make with my body contributes to the world of symbols, patterns, numbers and shapes of creation.  Sacred Geometry...the energy that unifies all things and the organization of the Universe itself.  Take a moment right now, pause and sense the shape you have created.  Sense your shoulders, sense the direction of your toes, sense your head, sense your chest.  How does this shape feel?  What does your body tell you about your shape?  Does it bring your body pleasure, healing, pain?  Through the art of sensation I can sense my bones and notice what shape I have created in space, and also bring consciousness to how my shape contributes to the well being of my body.  So many times, I may move through life with my habits and not notice what I am creating in space.  Can you relate?  The gift of Nia and the art form of Modern Dance honors the sacred geometry of my body and invites me to be aware of every movement, and how every movement is sacred and has the potential to be purposeful and healing.  With 206 bones and 700+ muscles in my body, I have unlimited ways to birth and create movement.  With this comes transformation, healing and play that helps free my spirit. Exploration of movement ignites my imagination, and allows me to be an artist in motion, where my body is the paint and the space around me is my canvas.  Sacred, healing and contributing to Universal Art!!  Ha!  I love it. 
Let's play in space this week as we dance and honor the sacred geometry of our body.  Who knows what we will create!  See you on the dance floor!
Lot of Opportunities to create and dance!  My classes this week:
Monday, Thursday and Friday at 5:30 pm
Thursday morning at 6:45 am
and Saturday at 9:30 am all at The Synergy Studio
And join me Sunday Morning, May 25th at 10:00-11:15 for JourneyDance™, The Prayer Circle at The Synergy Studio.
You are the Prayer; your body, your movement, your breath. You are the Goddess; your passion, your emotions, your sensual heart. You are the Warrior; your power, your intentions, your life's journey.   The JourneyDance™ Prayer Circle  is a  community movement event of deep expression and celebration. We begin with inspirational story, then set our inner most intentions and spark our personal dreams.  We embark as moving prayers, holding sacred space for our community in a dance that builds from solo, to partner, to group and beyond.  We learn the power of witnessing and inspiration.  We learn the power of being seen in free expression.  We allow evocative music to invigorate our emotions and our dancing to unfold us into true appreciation and celebration of our praise-worthy Self. 


 We're gonna praise you like we should!   $15 or a punch on your studio card.
  

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt


Journey Dance Facilitator Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator
Mindful Change Coach
Laughter Yoga Leader


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment