Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Receiving!

"Everything in life is most fundamentally a gift.
And you receive it best and you live it best
by holding it with very open hands"...Leo O'Donovan

Hello Friends!!
Last weekend I had the privilege of attending the Nia 52 Moves training.  It was an amazing weekend of dancing, conditioning, learning and sharing with fellow Nia trainers, teachers and students from across the country, and Italy!!  There was so much I received from everyBody at the training; gifts that I allowed to come in and touch my heart.

Take a moment, close your eyes, smell the moment and receive.  Receive your breath, receive the sounds around you, and receive the temperature in the room on your skin.  Notice where your body is touching, and receive the sensation of touch
on your skin.  Your skin is your body's largest organ and receives temperature, pressure and texture sensations.   Now go inside and receive from your joints and connective tissue.  Principle 5 of Nia invites us to receive the gifts of sensations from our body and be in Awareness..to pay attention to our body sensations.  Next touch your body and let your body receive the calming and meditative effects of stillness: Living Meditation. .  Once you have opened your eyes, look around and receive.  Receive from all around you and transform what you are receiving into something “inspiring” and extraordinary:  Life as Art.  Gifts you may not have been aware of!!

As you go through your day be open and receive:  from your body, from the people in your life, from nature, from the Universe.  Receive with an open heart.  When I remind myself everything in life is a gift, the tone of my day becomes one of abundance and magic happens! 

What do you want to receive, how good are you at receiving?  Let's step into Nia and JourneyDance this week and receive, and see what happens!  For me, coming together and receiving your dance, your smile, your light are gifts that touch my heart and YES, I am rich and my heart is full.  See you on the dance floor!!!

My classes this week:

Thursday Nia at 5:30 pm

Friday JourneyDance at 6:45 pm
Saturday Nia at 9:30 am
all at http://www.thesynergystudio.com.

Please join us next Sunday, August 12 at 4:00 pm for a rocking Nia Jam with Nia teachers from all over...  benefiting the Colorado Red Cross and the Lone Star Paralysis Foundation. All proceeds from the class will be donated to these wonderful organizations who are helping others in our community. It will be at The Synergy Studio... we hope to dance with you then!

Learn more and go deeper into the connection with you body and your life by taking a Nia White Belt Intensive.   Check out my trainings with Adelle Brewer at:  http://www.nianow.com/joanie



Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, JourneyDance Facilitator, Mindful Change Coach
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/

JOanie
 Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

1 comment:

  1. Principle #5 (Awareness) is my favorite principle...oh wait, do I really have a favorite? I believe I can say yes to that...for me all of the other principles are brightened, enlivened (if that's even possible) by Awareness. It is truly the key to living a full life full of love and truth. Thank you for this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete