Monday, March 30, 2015

Awareness - key to Transformation!!

Hello my dancing friends!

In Nia, Awareness is the art of paying attention to my body...slowing down and noticing, and inviting me to be in sensation every waking moment.  Sensing pain, sensing pleasure, sensing self healing.  When I am in awareness, I can awaken to my potential, explore all the possibilities and make decisions that are right for me.  It is a relationship with my body, and is a technique for living a conscious life.    Not until I am aware can I transform and change.  This is why Nia is called a transformational practice.  At the heart of Nia, is the invitation to live in our body and move towards love, joy and feeling good!  The more you use body sensations and notice pain, love, comfort, discomfort, and joy, the more you can unlock your healing potential and start to transform your body.  Awareness...principle 5 of the Nia White belt is a one word principle BUT it is HUGE in it's ability to transform. 

This week we will focus on this magnificent principle as we dance to the Nia Routine called RISE, activating awareness in every single movement!  Transforming our body, transforming our lives.  The power of Nia is how her gifts start in my body and then transcend to my mind, emotions and spirit as I notice my thoughts, beliefs, feelings and habits, and open to possibilities of transformation.   Using the wisdom of my body, mind, spirit and emotions, I live the path of a Sacred Athlete to reach my fullest potential.  Transformation!
Oh and you will love the music - a compilation of sounds filled with sensuality and power!

My classes this week:
Monday (today!!) at 5:30pm
Thursday and Friday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am
and Sunday (yes Easter Sunday) at 4:00 pm
A Nia class can be like snorkeling on a beautiful reef - we enjoy being on the surface of the water, diving deep sometimes but only for brief moments. In the Nia White Belt Training we put on on full scuba diving gear and get to dive deep for longer periods of time in an extraordinarily beautiful and sensual world of music, movement and magic. If you enjoy Nia classes, you will LOVE the Nia White Belt Training.  Check out my trainings HERE!
Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.com
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer, Nia 1st Degree Black Belt

MELT Certified Hand & Foot Instructor
Yoga Teacher (certified in the YogaFit Warrior Program)
Journey Dance Facilitator
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator
Mindful Change Coach
Laughter Yoga Leader


No comments:

Post a Comment