Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Conscious Alignment of Bones + Muscles

"Yoga is almost like music in a way; there's no end to it."
Sting

Hello Dancing Friends!
September is here and I'm looking forward to the fall and cooler weather.  I love the colors and the magical beauty that unfolds all around San Antonio and Texas!!  September is also National Yoga month.  Did you know Nia is based on 9 movement forms and 1 of the movement forms is Yoga?  In Nia, we call Yoga The Conscious Alignment of Bones + Muscles, and we use the energy and chemistry of Yoga, as well as postures, breath work and meditation, to gain flexibility, strength, balance and relaxation.  Yoga is a beautiful inner directed dance of awareness that connects us to our unique spirit and reminds us we can make every gesture and posture a mudra that is sacred and aligned with heaven and earth!  Some of the pearls we use in Nia to connect to Yoga are:  Bones, Breath, Alignment, Postures, Muscles, Ligaments, Extensions, Strengthening, Flexibility, Stretch, Agility, Gentle, Powerful, Focused, Conscious, Unity, Oneness,  Surrender, Peace, Stillness, Ageless and Timeless. 

Just as Nia expanded my world of music, Nia has expanded my world of different movement and healing modalities like Yoga.  Whether I am dancing or playing on the floor, the energy of Yoga is available to me through my conscious awareness of the relationship of my bones, muscles, ligaments and connective tissue.  I love Yoga and practice yoga daily, as well as take classes and workshops as often as I can.  It has enhanced my Nia practice and teaching, and has brought healing to my body.  This art and movement form has taught me to integrate my breath in my movements and my dance, and to clear and calm my mind. 

In honor of Yoga Month, our focus in Nia this week is being with and in the chemistry and energy personality of Yoga in our Nia movements and dance.  I also encourage you to take yoga classes this month.  I teach at 2 incredible studios and the yoga instructors are amazing!  See you in class.  Namaste.


My classes this week (there WILL be classes on Labor Day)

Monday & Wednesday at 8:45 am at
Total Harmony Yoga

Monday & Thursday at 5:30 pm
Saturday at 9:30 am and
Sunday at 4:00 pm

Considering taking the Nia White belt intensive?  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   Check out my trainings at: www.nianow.com/joanie and click on "My Trainings". Adelle and I have one October 4th and a split weekend December 5th here in San Antonio.  Join us!


Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/
Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,  Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leader

Go to my link & get 40% off of Nia clothing, music & much more!!  Look for the 40% off purple button:  http://nianow.com/joanie
Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia

No comments:

Post a Comment