Sunday, November 20, 2011

Body Gratitude..."Thank You Body, I Sense...."!!!!!!

Hello EveryBody!!
"Thank You Body, I Sense....".  This is a practice we do in Nia and I love it!!  What better way to give gratitude to our body than to shout out loud Thank You Body!  Our body is incredible AND it functions most of the time w/out our awareness.  Nia invites us to be in awareness of our body by paying attention to our body sensations.  If we sense any discomfort, all we need to do is affirm and then move to create self healing.  For example: "Body I sense tightness in my lower back."  Now move up and down from the floor 7 times, taking advantage of the floor by rolling around (embryonic/fish-like) before coming up.  Then walk around and sense your body and say:  "Thank You Body, I Sense relaxation in my shoulders...Thank You Body, I sense relaxation in my lower back."  It is that simple!  You will be amazed at the relationship you will create with your body and the healing that can happen. 

So as we enter into Thanksgiving week and we reflect on all we are thankful for, don't forget about your body.  Nia's philosophy is "Through Movement We Find Health" and our body loves to move, dance and play.  Such a wonderful way to stay youthful and no better way to thank your body!  See you in class!

And my Nia Friends, Thank You for all of your love and support, and your passion for Nia.  You fill my heart with love and joy every time I dance with you.  I am very grateful!! 
See you in class!  Please note the change with Thursday's class!

My classes this week:

Sunday (Today!!) at 4:00 pm
Monday at 5:30 pm
Thursday at 8:00 am team teaching with Sarita
Saturday at 9:30 am
all at  http://www.thesynergystudio.com/ 

My first Nia White Belt intensive with Adelle is almost upon us, starting at 5:30 pm on Dec. 1st.  There is still time to sign up if you are interested.  Go to:  http://nianow.com/joanie and click on My Trainings. 


Great Nia holiday gifts!!!  Go to my link & get 40% off of Nia clothing, music & much more!!  Look for the 40% off purple button:  http://nianow.com/joanie

Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks
Nia Black Belt/Trainer, Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Mindful Change Coachhttp://www.joaniebrooks.me/

No comments:

Post a Comment