Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Movement as Medicine..Empowered to Heal!


Nia has the power of bringing people together, and through the power of dance and movement, bring healing light to the world. Nia's philosophy is very simple...Through Movement We Find Health.  Movement heals and is our medicine for more than our body; it also heals our mental, emotional and spirit bodies..  Each movement, each dance, is an opportunity to ask how this dance can help me/my body to feel better?   How can I find the healing aspect of this movement?  How can I transcend to the next level of health?  How can I find healing with my cross front, cha cha cha, in my FreeDance, in my closed stance, in my breathing, when laughing?  All forms of movement medicine; all opportunities to heal.    

Nia White Belt principle #5 Awareness, invites us to pay attention to our body sensations, and through this attention and clarity, find movements that help us feel better...in class and out of class.  That is why we call it Dancing Through Life:  every movement feels like I'm dancing.  Empower yourself to heal while you are making dinner (pelvic circles are great! ), while shopping at the grocery store (sensing flexibility as you reach for what you want off the top shelf), and when you pick something off the floor (doing a spinal roll as you come up is Yummy!). 
You have the power within you to heal and maintain health, and Nia invites you make choices to support you!! 

My life purpose is to awaken the human healing potential, and my
wish for you is to always move, no matter how small; to always dance.

I have a wonderful full week of dancing, join me...My Nia classes this week:

Monday andThursday at 5:30 pm,
Friday at 5:30 (subbing for Adelle)
Saturday at 9:30 am
and Sunday at 4:00
all at http://www.thesynergystudio.com.


Considering taking the Nia White belt intensive?  Whether you want to teach Nia or take Nia for personal growth, it is an amazing experience!!!   Check out my trainings at: www.nianow.com/joanie and click on "My Trainings". Adelle and I have one starting on June 21st here in San Antonio.  Join us!

Go to my link & get 40% off of Nia clothing, music & much more!!  Look for the 40% off purple button:  http://nianow.com/joanie
Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Guide, Mindful Change Coach and Laughter Yoga Leaderhttp://www.joaniebrooks.me/


Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!

No comments:

Post a Comment