Monday, September 3, 2012

EveryBody Dance Now!!!

Good morning my Nia Friends!!  I'm in Austin with my best friend from high school and the person who introduced me to Nia 18 years ago, and I'm preparing for a day of teaching and dancing at Lake Austin Spa and Resort.  This week has been declared "Dance Week" at the resort, and today I'm teaching Nia and introducing JourneyDance!   EveryBody Dance now!!


Dancing is such a part of my life that I cannot imagine a day without dance.  If I'm happy, I dance.  If I'm feeling low, I dance.  I could not survive without dance.  Dancing is for everyBody, and anybody can dance and enjoy the benefits of self discovery, emotional expression, spontaneous movement and pure FUN!!  The benefits of dance are endless and the potential for healing and conditioning our body, mind, spirit and emotions is endless!!!  Dancing heals the soul.   Have you ever noticed your fellow dancers while he/she is dancing?  What do you see?  I see radiant smiles that are pure, natural and beautiful.   I see honest movement and expression.  I see grace! 

Right now put in "benefits of dancing" in your Google search.  You will find hundreds of articles on this subject and I invite you to explore these possibilities for yourself!  Dance came to Nia when Carlos Aya Rosas co-founder of Nia, asked the question:  "Where is the fun?".  Adding dance to Nia was revolutionary and a bit scary; however, by asking this question and listening to their bodies, Debbie Rosas and Carlos brought dance to Nia, creating the Dance Arts of Nia, which has helped many bodies reclaim fun, passion, freedom, electricity, expression and healing.

“Dance is the hidden language of the soul” - Martha Graham
EveryBody dance NOW!!   Nia and JourneyDance offer us the opportunity to be the dancer that is alive in our hearts and our 75 trillion cells.  So let dance!!!  Enjoy this video & dance with me:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12VUjgYMm1U
 
My classes this week:
Monday Nia at 5:30 (Adelle is subbing for me..thank you!)
Thursday Nia at 5:30 pm,
Friday, JourneyDance at 6:45 pm

Saturday Nia at 9:30 am
Sunday Nia at 4:00 pm
all at http://www.thesynergystudio.com.

Learn more and go deeper into the connection with you body and your life by taking a Nia White Belt Intensive.   Our next intensive is coming up on October 5th. Sign up and receive pre-training materials! http://www.nianow.com/joanie



Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Facilitator, Mindful Change Coach
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/

No comments:

Post a Comment