Monday, August 20, 2012

There is beauty in the world. So much beauty in the world!!

All we have to do is look for beauty, and she is there all around us at any given moment.  Madisyn Taylor. 

Beauty
can be found every way...in every color, flavor, scent, texture; outside your window, inside your house, in the person right next too...In the Mirror!
  The beauty of life surrounds us everywhere!!!  Just pause for a moment and look around at all the beauty and art in your world.  Life as Art (LAA) is the 3rd element of the Dancing Through Life triad.  LAA reminds us that life - our life - can be as inspiring as viewing a great painting.  When we perceive the whole world as art, inspiration flows through our entire body.  It's a physical sensation that can change your body, mind, emotions and spirit!  And this ability to appreciate beauty around you can have a healing effect on your being as well.

So I LOVE the song by Macy Gray "Beauty in the World".  It has been singing in my mind for many days and brings a smile to my face no matter what is going on in my life.  Sensing LAA makes the ordinary seem inspiring.  I get this rush of energy and love when this happens.  Inhaling beauty...I know it affects my cells and all inside me.  My spirit auto-Magically sours and my emotions are revived when I'm feeling down.   Principle 5 of the Nia White Belt, Awareness, is about paying attention to body sensations and from this information, making choices that bring healing into our lives.  It is also a method of channeling and using this awareness to improve the quality of living in your body and life..Dancing Through Life.  It invites us to go beyond the dance studio and bringing this awareness into every thing we do.  It is big!!  LAA, changing my perception of life to create pleasing things around me is MEDICINE.   


So smell the moment and then go ahead - look in the mirror and take on the beauty of YOU - your sacred shape.  Now that is ART!!  Here is the link to the Macy Gray song...I can see you dancing and it is beautiful!   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qX7ZsxD3Ik
See you in class this week and feel inspired to be artful with your outfit in class!! 
 
My classes this week:
Monday and Thursday Nia at 5:30 pm

Saturday Nia at 9:30 am and
Sunday at 4:00 pm
all at http://www.thesynergystudio.com


Learn more and go deeper into the connection with you body and your life by taking a Nia White Belt Intensive.   Check out my trainings with Adelle Brewer at:  http://www.nianow.com/joanie


Love & Light,
Joanie Brooks,  Nia Training Faculty, Nia White Belt Trainer,
Nia 5 Stages of Healing Facilitator, Journey Dance Facilitator, Mindful Change Coach
http://www.joaniebrooks.me/

Nia - Somatic Education for EveryBody.  Nia is an expressive movement form & lifestyle practice that uses The Body's Way to achieve physical, mental, emotional & spiritual fitness & well-being."   

75 trillion cells in your body…Play with them all with Nia!


No comments:

Post a Comment